It goes without saying that the cold shoulder trend isn’t going anywhere. And to be honest I don’t want it to. The cold shoulder trend is one of my fav styles this year. There is something playful and fun about the cold shoulder detail yet also very sexy. As I get older, my definition of sexy differs from that of my 20’s. In your 20’s, sexy means tight dresses, super short hems, and low-cut cleavage. Now in my 30’s, sexy is showing a little here and there . Leaving a bit of mystery. And that’s exactly why I love cold shoulder tops. Aside from giving that hint of sexy, the cold shoulder top looks great on all shapes and sizes. Whether your 25, 35, or 45, this is one trend you can’t go wrong with. In fact, I wouldn’t even consider this a trend but more of a staple.
Spring time is finally here and with the weather slowly warming up, all I want to wear is light airy tops. Funny story tho, I got my Asos Cold Shoulder Cami Top last winter. But I knew it was a top that I can wear year round. For this look, I wanted to share how to style a cold shoulder top for all shapes and sizes. Whether you have broad shoulder, bigger bust, fuller mid section, and/or large hips and bottom, you can totally pull off this look. It all comes down to the styling:
- Layer it with a longline vest
- If you have broad shoulder, the vest helps with your shoulders looking smaller. But still allows for the cold shoulder detail to show.
- If you have a fuller mid section, the vest is perfect for distracting the eye and creating a longer and leaner silhouette.
- If you have full hips and bottom, the vest conceals the widest part of your body. Creating a straighter figure
- Tuck into an a-line skirt
- Whether you are fuller in the mid section or hips, tucking into the skirt helps hide your tummy and full hips.
- Add a pair of heels
- Heels are always a good idea. They make your legs look longer and leaner. Paired with the longline vest, you create a long line.
- Top it off with a statement necklace
- A statement necklace added that extra ooh la la moment. Perfect to distract from broad shoulders, full mid section, or hips drawing the eye up to one focal area.
I hope you enjoyed with this post and I hope you have a great day. With lots of love…